Hey, fellow Bisons! School is back in in full swing now, so I thought I would give you all an update on Lumination Network for this upcoming semester.
Our staff has grown. I would like to introduce Cole Gray, a junior journalism major, as our new co-managing editor. Cole is following in the footsteps of the very talented Becca Risley, who graduated in December.
Cole served as our sports editor last spring. Last semester, he interned at The Hill newspaper in Washington, D.C.
Anna Rogers, one of our accomplished photographers and writers, is continuing as co-managing editor as well.
As editor, I’m looking forward to the growth of Lumination, and I hope to continue to build the site into something that all students, alumni, faculty and parents read each day.
Anna, Cole and I most certainly couldn’t do it alone, though! We have many talented students contributing to Lumination this year:
- Russell Vannozzi is back, bringing his sports expertise to the staff as our Sports Editor.
- Ben Davis, along with his trusty camera, is back as our Chief Photographer.
- Daniel Johnson is taking care of all of the complicated tech stuff as our Web Developer.
- Bethanie Jones is focused on creating and curating content to reach all of you as our Social Media Director.
On the radio side of things:
- Cavin Jacobson and Lebron Hill are teaming up as our co-Radio Directors.
- Hannah Gilmore is bringer her sports mastery to the game, serving as our Radio Sports Director.
During my time as editor, something I have particularly tried to focus on is bringing world-news stories with a Lipscomb focus to Lumination.
- Hannah Pipher is studying abroad in Florence, Italy, and will be serving as our International Correspondent.
We also have many more gifted writers and photographers on the Lumination staff. Check out our “About” page to see the full list!
If you are interested in joining the Lumination staff, please feel free to contact me to find out more information by emailing me at email@example.com. We welcome all majors! Meetings are at 10:00 a.m. on Mondays in the Mullican lab in Ezell.
I’m really looking forward to seeing what’s in store this year at Lipscomb. Thanks for reading!